avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: App instantiation problem - advice needed.
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:47:58 GMT
Peter,

>I think we should fix the problem rather than add a hackity hack ;) In
>reality you should not be able to tell the difference between using a
>filesystem and libs in a jar.

I agree completely.  But, we have to question why Sun have the
URLStreamHandlerFactory in one of the constructors for URLClassLoader....

I think that's a strong hint that complex classloaders trees will not
work without it.  Jesktop just happens to be the first to encounter
this,  JAMES has maillets which (I presume) are loaded in separate
classloaders, but it's fixed at a previous Phoenix version for the moment.

Regards,

- Paul H