avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject CBE - new Pheonix app
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:00:43 GMT
Hi folks,

I have helped Thomas Neumann, the author of CBE (*Code Building
Environment* ) at sourceforge to migrate his app to have Phoenix
compatability.  It is a version control system and platform independant
make environment.  Now none of us Java-heads need the latter as we're
over the moon with Ant, but the former has some potential.  The make env
is for non Java languages too, so has benefits for those "legacy" langauges.

The code is booked into CVS at the moment and not visible from the
download page (SourceForge is sooo complicated), but it marks the first
OSS application outside Apache that is maintaining it's own Pheonix
compatability.  That is it has phoenix-client.jar and logkit in it's own
CVS.  This, for me, was the prototype for the Phoenix Developer Kit.  As
it happens CBE still works in standalone mode,  so it's an adaptation
job mostly.

There is still a little work to do make it bullet proof, so watch the
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbe site for changes over the next week
or so and please welcome Thomas to the Avalon Developer community.

Regards,

- Paul H