avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sar unpacking
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:54:49 GMT
Mircea,

>>Is there a way, in xml configuration/assembly to force the unzipping of
>>a sar entirely (as it used to be)?
>>

>No, there isn't!
>
>>I ask because I'm chasing a second bug with deserialization (using
>>Cornerstone's Store):
>>
>>     ClassNotFoundException:
>>org.apache.avalon.jesktop.core.LaunchableTargetHolder
>>
>>Now the class is there and the code used to worked for months, but now
>>is not.  The issue is that the Deserialization needs to use the same
>>classloader that was holding the instance when it was serialed.  We
>>first encounteed this bug months ago and had to create a special
>>ObjectInputStream derivative
>>(org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream) to
>>overcome the issue.  Now it seems that the JVM refuses to belive that
>>the same classloader is in use for the shutdown of Jesktop and it's
>>subsequent reboot.
>>

>Maybe by adding the extracted directories to the classloader codebase would
>solve the problem?!

Hmmm, I don't think that is applicable.  Fede's Store does not use
extracted directories from teh sar file for its persistence.

>>For the purposes of bug investigation I'd like to plain switch on SAR
>>inzipping again.  Is this possible using an assembly.xml entry?
>>

>We can do that of course but I would prefer to know more about your problem
>so we come up with a good consistent solution!

OK, it looks like you're volunteering to see the bug in action ;-)

1) (cornerstone)  build jesktop main
2) (cornerstone)  build jesktop install
3) phoenix/dist/bin .... run.bat
4) When Frame comes up, Ctrl-C (or choose Start->Shutdown)
3) phoenix/dist/bin .... run.bat ... exception is apparent in Sys.out

Repeat test with phoenix bin from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/nightly/2001-10-14/

With the older Phoenix, the big is not apparent...  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

- Paul H