avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Sar unpacking
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:19:36 GMT
Mircea,

Is there a way, in xml configuration/assembly to force the unzipping of
a sar entirely (as it used to be)?

I ask because I'm chasing a second bug with deserialization (using
Cornerstone's Store):

     ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.avalon.jesktop.core.LaunchableTargetHolder

Now the class is there and the code used to worked for months, but now
is not.  The issue is that the Deserialization needs to use the same
classloader that was holding the instance when it was serialed.  We
first encounteed this bug months ago and had to create a special
ObjectInputStream derivative
(org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream) to
overcome the issue.  Now it seems that the JVM refuses to belive that
the same classloader is in use for the shutdown of Jesktop and it's
subsequent reboot.

For the purposes of bug investigation I'd like to plain switch on SAR
inzipping again.  Is this possible using an assembly.xml entry?

Regards,

- Paul H