avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deprecations - 59 occurrences in 35 files
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2001 18:27:31 GMT
Peter,

>>Can we start to delete some deprecations?  It's not like we are the
>>servlet API with tens of thousands of detached users.. I think that all
>>are on this list and savvy enough to cope given that that methods have
>>been marked as deprecated for many months now.
>>

>Depends on which parts. I can't see the advantage in changing some code even
>though it is deprecated (ie logkit). With Phoenix I actuallly want to force
>all the incompatible changes at once to make the transition from alpha->beta
>as easy as possible on users. Other stuff would need to be done on a case by
>case basis.

Good point.  I had just noticed that BlockContext.getDefaultThreadPool()
forced a runtime exception rather than behaved in a backwards compatible
way, thus forcing the migration early ;-)

Perhaps we could limit the purges to Phoenix and Cornerstone then as
considerably less people/teams use those APIs.

Regards,

- Paul H