avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/apps/demo build.xml
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:01:18 GMT
Jeff,

>Will do so if I'm wrong. Will fix bay if I'm right ;)

Given the whole picture you should strive for a perfect fix :-)  I'm
sure the problem is with Ant, in that when antcall is invoked all
relative pathelements should be corrected.  In that world we'd be fine,
but build must work for people who have downloaded source and not got
from CVS.  I think perhaps we should lean on ant.properties more and
<echo>warnings</echo> if ant.properties indicated paths are missing.
 i.e. Force the builder thru a few iterations of setting up the env,
before a successful build.

- Paul