avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: phoenix use question with catalina/bay & cocoon
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:34:06 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:

> I looked at the Bay wrapper for Catalina, but I don't see any easy way
> to pass information into webapps. I'm thinking maybe the parent
> ComponentManager support that was added to Cocoon might be what I'm
> looking for? But it seems to just allow you to define a class to be
> instantiated. I'm not quite sure how it can "reach out" into the
> phoenix world that contains it.

I've not really finished it yet.  When it is it should expose an
interface that would allow blocks to depend on it and add hosts and
webapps/war files.  It should be quite good.

It still won't help in your communication with Coocoon using RMI.
 Cocoon is not a block in it's own right *yet*.  I guess if it was it
would also solve your problem.  I've talked to Berin about this and he
thinks that it could, in the future, be a block as well as a WAR file
deployable app.

Regards,

- Paul H