avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Check this alternative to Loggable
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:45:27 GMT
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:46, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I updated the Loggable proposal.  This provides a smooth upgrade to the
> new Logger interface instead of the LogKit Logger implementation.

By smooth you mean non backwards compayible and will break your existings
systems ? ;)

I am fairly anti such a move. I would much much much prefer something like
the following. This is binary compatible and will not force me to go through
and change oodles of stuff.

interface LogAware
{
 void enableLogging( Logger );
}

class abstract AbstractLogAware implements LogAware {}

I really don't think we should be breaking binary compatability in such a
fundamental interface in a supposedly stable library.

--
Cheers,

Pete