avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Avalon DB
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:30:31 GMT
As proposed some days ago, I've committed the first (non working) cut of Avalon DB.  Don't
get yer
hopes up there is not much yet.

It has five separate components

 1) SQLParser
 2) SQLOptimizer
 3) ActionCache
 4) DatabasePersistence
 5) DatabaseManager

1) turns sql into actions
2) fiddles with sql in string form (only impl is do nothing)
3) do nothing impl for time being.
4) First imple to use Cornerstone's store.  Other impls could be "in memory" (no storage)
etc.
5) The main DB server.  First impl uses a "CommandStream" to communicate with a remore JDBC
client.  Other impls could use RMI, SOAP, bytestreams or be internally provided (like Phoenix
services).

There is lots to do and I'll just beaver away, other might like to dive in and help / take
over
bits.  I'm not proud and there are probably quite a few refactor points already.
Peter's message of a couple of days ago planted the component separation for  what's been
done so
far.

Regards,

- Paul H