avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ? how to create multiple distinct instances of phoenix ...
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:02:57 GMT
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:24, Jar Lyons wrote:
> I have an interesting operational question.
>
> I have <n> different applications that I want running in their own
> separate instance of phoenix.
>
> It seems I have to explicitly point to a single ....sar file each time
> I launch phoenix, but I don't see
> any documentation on how to to that.
>
> If I put each ....sar file in the phoenix apps directory, then I will
> get all 3 apps running the first time
> I start phoenix, which is NOT what I want.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?

There is no real way, except via installing phoenix 3 times at this stage.
However it should be easy enough to allow support for such things by doing
something like one of

./run.sh --run-app=../apps/myapp1.sar
./run.sh --launch-application=../apps/myapp2.sar
./run.sh --start-application=../apps/myapp3.sar

I may try to add this in on the weekend.

--
Cheers,

Pete