avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deprecations - 59 occurrences in 35 files
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:28:08 GMT
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 04:27, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Good point.  I had just noticed that BlockContext.getDefaultThreadPool()
> forced a runtime exception rather than behaved in a backwards compatible
> way, thus forcing the migration early ;-)

Well if it was a NullPointerException then this should only occur if you had
started to migrate code by removing <threads/> section from server.xml. So it
is not as forgiving for half-converted code ;)

> Perhaps we could limit the purges to Phoenix and Cornerstone then as
> considerably less people/teams use those APIs.

Okays. Cornerstone shouldn't (?) have any deprecation warnings I don't think
(If it does we should zap em right now).

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer