avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/apps/demo build.xml
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:51:11 GMT
On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:01:18PM +0100, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> >Will do so if I'm wrong. Will fix bay if I'm right ;)
> >
> Given the whole picture you should strive for a perfect fix :-)  I'm
> sure the problem is with Ant, in that when antcall is invoked all
> relative pathelements should be corrected.  In that world we'd be fine,

That would be groovy. <ant dir="apps/demo" fixRel="true"/>.

But in the meanwhile, we'll have to follow the rule: "If it's going to be
inherited, make it absolute". Our build.sh breaks this rule. Rather than fix
build.sh, I'd like to dump it entirely ;)

> but build must work for people who have downloaded source and not got
> from CVS.  I think perhaps we should lean on ant.properties more and
> <echo>warnings</echo> if ant.properties indicated paths are missing.
>  i.e. Force the builder thru a few iterations of setting up the env,
> before a successful build.

Yep. Checks like: <available file="${xerces.jar}" property="hooray">. I did
this for jakarta-commons, but the *cough*nogoodlousybastards*cough* wouldn't
commit it ;) I'd be happy to implement it here, but it only makes sense in an
Ant-not-included build system.

So I take it you're happy with the commit?

--Jeff

PS: just kidding, commons ppl;) I know how OS works.