avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sar undeployment implementation
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 06:21:02 GMT
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:08, Mircea Toma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached you can find the implemention for sar undeployment!

Cool - I applied most of it except for uninstallation part. The reason was
that we don't want uninstallation to delete whole tree because apps may be
storing data in there (ie james stores it's mail spool there). I just issued
an error message for the time being.

What we should do is something like the following. When installing we create
a list of files we install. Each file we copy we should copy via a
DigestOutputStream and then get a MessageDigest of each file. So after we
install these files we create an installation "transcript" that looks like

blocks/cornerstone.bar &jG%Jp(64H

with one file + digest per line.

Then when we goto uninstall we only try to delete the files actually
installed. And we make sure they haven't been modified by getting their
digest and if they have been modified we skip deletion.

--
Cheers,

Pete