avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eung-ju Park" <co...@isoft.co.kr>
Subject Re: excalibur scratchpad: cache support
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:40:20 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehlich@gmx.de>
To: "Avalon Development" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:34 PM
Subject: RE: excalibur scratchpad: cache support

> >Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Eung-ju, devs,
> >> I did a closer look to the cache package in
> >> excalibur scratchpad.
> >>
> >> It looks really interesting to me, and I want
> >> to ask why are this classes still in the scratch-
> >> pad? Are there problems in the design,implementation?
> >
> >Last time I asked about that, Eung-ju meantioned
> >that there are some things he is still working out
> >in the API.  When the API is stable, it will be
> >promoted.
> Eung-ju it would be interesting, what are you doing
> actually on the API. Maybe I can give some ideas from
> the store development in cocoon2. I had to made many
> thoughts about that.

I think API is stable in my use. but it is not verified for other usages.(
like cache store in file, validator that use excalibur.Monitor )
I'm very busy for a living work at this time. I have no time to test and
improve it. :-|

Welcome any suggestion. And I need it.

> >If you want to take a look at a similar cache component
> >that is well tested, the MRUCache in Cocoon is a good
> >alternative.
> Thanx, I developed it :))
> >
> >Eung-ju, are you concidering any aspects from Cocoon's
> >cache component?
Yep.
I see the commons's cache and Cocoon's cache. But I don't understands it
fully.
Because I have short real world programming exprience.