avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eung-ju Park" <co...@isoft.co.kr>
Subject Re: phoenix use question with catalina/bay & cocoon
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:13:27 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
To: "Avalon Development" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: phoenix use question with catalina/bay & cocoon

> On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 01:05, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> > Added org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.ServiceServlet.
>
> How about the name PhoenixServlet ? (I think Service is a bit too overused
> and not descriptive enough)

Yes. PhoenixServlet is good.

> > And tested with
> > avalon-demo server application successfully. :-)
> >
> > But have problem. :-(
> > ContextClassLoaderManager just return current thread's ClassLoader.
> > therefore dont't load blocks( blocks/*.bar ). We must copy blocks/*.bar
> > WEB-INF/lib/*.jar. :-<
> >
> > Is there anyone have solution?
>
> Bot at this stage. Well we could create a ClassLoader whos parent is the
> ContextClassLoader and which contains all the jar files?

Is it possible "class in parent ClassLoader" access "classes loaded in child
ClassLoader"?
Servlet and JSP is in outside of custom ClassLoader. therefore Servlet does
not access classes in custom ClassLoader.

Just deploy server application in servlet container is not problem with
PolicyClassLoader.
Use blocks in Servlet or JSP is problem.