avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mircea Toma" <mirceat...@home.com>
Subject re-configuration notifier
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:45:10 GMT
Hi,

I was thinking of ways to reconfigure blocks regardless of reconfiguration
process (modifying the conf.xml or using the SystemManager). The way I see
it done is by having a *ReconfigurationNotifier* who will notify listeners
about changes to the configuration stored in ConfigurationRepository.
Listeners will implement the Reconfigurable interface of course. Usually
there will be only one listener, the block owning the configuration.
This approach can be coupled with a deploy process where the configuration
files are cloned at startup and updated each time the configuration changes
at runtime. In this way the process updating the files can be implemented as
a listener (living outside the kernel maybe?!).

What do you think?

Mircea