avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: AW: XML Components & Root Roles file
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:35:09 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I think there is nearly no component imaginable which is not part of C2
> (oh or of Avalon!). So, just name it and we have the implementation....
> (perhaps at least) :-)

I'm all for componentizing Cocoon and bring the various bits into Avalon
as either components, services, blocks or whatever else seems
appropriate. In fact I've half decided to devote some time to this task
myself sometime next year. The reason in my case is that there are a few
concepts in Cocoon2, which I'm skeptical about, like the Sitemap and
other things where Cocoon is, in my mind, too proprietary. Now, if I
could just take the good bits of Cocoon2 and mix them with some other
bits, that would be cool.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring