avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject I appologize for the cornerstone build fiasco
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:51:01 GMT
I was trying to convert the build process to the
standard targets, and simplify some stuff as well.
I am always a fan of trying to speed up development
and introduced the <parallel> tag to speed up the
apps development.  It appears that there are differences
in the tools for Java between Unix and Windows that
preclude concurrent compiling.  Each app _should_
be able to independantly be built--but it seems this
is a tool problem.

Hopefully, Cornerstone has the most complex build system,
so the others should be easy compared to this.

Paul asked about individual app deployment targets
(specifically jesktop-deploy).  I would rather see
a pair of targets like this:

${app.name}-install
${app.name}-uninstall

That way we can install and uninstall the individual
apps--and the naming is consistent.

What do you think?