avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTTP Server for Pheonix
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 18:45:34 GMT
Folks,

I have ported the "Acme Serve" HTTP server (see
http://www.acme.com/java/) to be a phoenix application.  I think
development stopped on this in 1996.  It has a couple of custom
servlets, but basically is a decent filesystem exposing web server.  It
used to be mainable, but now it uses Avalon's configuration as per usual.

The service interface (which the block implements) is empty of methods,
but there is plenty of scope for adding features to satisfy dependancy
freaks.  For instance one method that could be specified is :

     void addServlet(String urlPat, Servlet servlet);

I'll book it into some CVS somewhere (other than Apache) soon as it
looks like it's licensed with a BSD-like license.  It could be useful
until we have multiple HTTP servers being Avalon capable.  That raises
an impotant issue..... some modelling is due :

  interface AvalonSocketServer extends Service {...}
  interface HTTPServer extends AvalonSocketServer {...}
  interface ServletHTTPServer extends HTTPServer {...}
  interface WARFileHTTPServer extends ServletHTTPServer {...}
  interface FtpServer extends AvalonSocketServer {...}
  interface DnsServer extends AvalonSocketServer {...}
  interface QotdServer extends AvalonSocketServer {...}

Arguably premature or unecessary.

Regards,

- Paul H