avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Q] Using RMI in Avalon?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:12:47 GMT
Peter,

>interface ManagableService extends Service, Remote {}
>
>or maybe
>
>interface MBeanService extends Service, ...MBean {}

I am perhaps joining the conversation late having previously let others
decide it without input, but based on use of Glue (no I have not been
sniffing it ;-)

It would be nice to take any interface and make it transportable over
RMI.  It could be done programmatically (like in SOAPHelloWorld demo) OR
by an block assembler :

  <rmi-transport>
    <transport name="currency-exchange"
block-to-transport="currencyexchange" role="org.x.y.z.CurrencyExchange"/>
    <transport name="helloworld" block-to-transport="helloworldserver"
role="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.demos.helloworldserver.HelloWorldServer"/>
  </rmi-transport>

RemoteExcpetion (oh how I hate that forced exception) could be added to
the published interface automatically.

Somehow invoke out own Stub/Skel generator and it's magically presenting
an RMI face.... ?

Regards,

- Paul H