avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject ModifiableConfiguration [ was "Porting dbXML to Avalon" ]
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 09:17:25 GMT

>I was thinking ModifiableConfiguration (if we choose to use an interface
>rather than an implementation) and ConfigurationModifier (a callback passed
>to ConfigurationRepository).

Hypothetical -

If we went ahead with ModifiableConfiguration ConfigurationModifier and Reconfigurable (extends
Configurable) would we invoke the update method with a xpath-style ID for the node within
the sub-ddocument to change?  If yes, we could use dom4j as an interim implmentation (it's
very good).

Would a listener architecture be needed for comps that might want to listen for changes, or
is Reconfigurable (implicit listener) enough?

Would some blocks be designated maintainers of others blocks configuration? As could be defined
in assembly.xml and config.xml:

    <!-- assembly.xml -->

    <block class="package.classname" name="xyz-server"/>

    <block class="package2.classname2" name="xyz-settings-controller" />

    <!-- config.xml -->

    <xyz-settings>
      <a>b</b>
      <c>d</c>