avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Bradford <bradf...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject Re: ModifiableConfiguration [ was "Porting dbXML to Avalon" ]
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 09:01:43 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Hypothetical -
>
> If we went ahead with ModifiableConfiguration ConfigurationModifier and Reconfigurable
(extends Configurable) would we invoke the update method with a xpath-style ID for the node
within the sub-ddocument to change?  If yes, we could use dom4j as an interim implmentation
(it's very good).

I would try to keep it in the family and just use the Xalan XPathAPI
stuff.  I'm skeptible of exposing XPaths as the form for performing
selection against the configuration though, as it assumes (to a degree)
that the underlying representation is XML, when it may not be.

--
Tom Bradford  The dbXML Group, L.L.C.  http://www.dbxmlgroup.com/
Desktop, Laptop, Settop, Palmtop.  Can your XML database do that?