avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DeployMonitor/Manager for Phoenix
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:11:45 GMT
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:56, Mircea Toma wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I have done some coding but I want to confirm with you if this is the
> direction you want to go?!

Looks good. One question though - wouldn't be easier to have the interface
use file objects directly rather than using URL objects that are required to
be files?

> I attached the new classes to give you an idea
> about what I've done. It seems that having a basic implementation for
> "org.apache.avalon.excalibur.vfs" package would make the code much cleaner!

Yup. I actually have a basic implementation somewhere around ... I will try
to finish fixing it up and check it in ... though it could be a while before
I get a chance ;/

--
Cheers,

Pete

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig