avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [phoenix] Resprucing Blockinfo
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:02:12 GMT
Hi,

I finally got around to resprucing BlockInfo and decided to remove the
basically included a lot of meta information that was arbitrarily associated
with Blocks supposedly to use in GUI configuraor but not really that useful.

However I added another section <block/> that replaced some of the
functionality. Currently it looks like

<block>
  <version>1.0</version>
</block>

However I have been thinking about allowing another sub-element <classname/>
that gave classname of Block. However this is kinda redundent because the
location of BlockInfo automatically specified classname of block. ie If a
Blockinfo file is at "com/biz/blocks/Foo.xinfo" we automatically know that
the classname of the block is com.biz.blocks.Foo.

So my question is; What do you think - should we require this subelement or
should we determine block classname based on location of BlockInfo ??

BTW: I have been tinkering with XML Schema support for configurations inside
the <block/> element and may get a chance to implement it in the next few
months (finally - yay!!).

BTW2: This is all backwards compatible ... it just issues warnings if you
don't specify new section and ignores the old section.

--
Cheers,

Pete