avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [excalibur] thread package
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:11:21 GMT
Hi,

I finally got around to finish reworking the thread package. It is faaaar
simpler and easier to use now IMHO - I would be interested in opinions about
this.

The changes break backwards compatability however that is to be expected with
alpha unsupported components ;) If no bugs jump out at us in next few weeks I
want to *finally* upgrade it to main trunk and support it as beta/stable
quality code - Any objections ?

I also added in ThreadContext code which essentially manages sets of Thread
specific information (like ThreadLocal objects) in a centralized way. You can
plug in a ThreadContextPolicy to manage whatever your particular application
needs.

I also made a first cut at LayeredThreadContext (like that in CSF) that
stores context information in layers you can push/pop of a stack. It doesn't
check security policys yet and has a few bugs in it but at least is a start.

Anyways - what do you think ThreadContext design? Javadocs explain it's uses
better ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete