avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject HypersonicSQL
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2001 12:40:56 GMT
Hi,

I have written a service/block that wraps HypersonicSQL (BSD license).  I had to modify hsql
allow interoperation with serving frameworks like Avalon (The server they have written is
locked
to main(Sting[] args) )

It all works fine and uses connection manager, socket manager etc.  Works fine, that is, in
so far
as I have modified build.xml of cornerstone to make a demo sar that does nothing other than
server
a JDBC service.  It's tested by hypersonic's own DatabaseManager (AWT gui).

I guess it will be a couple of days before I book it in to allow the hsql people to apply
my diffs
to their tree and publish a new jar.

Of course, that jar is *not* going to be booked into our CVS.  All the usual failsafe compilation
and jar building steps will be taken to allow people to build cornerstone without caring about
hsql.
Fingers crossed that the hsql people like the changes I have made.

Regards,

- Paul H