avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Laran Coates" <laran_coa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: New Monitor framework
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:21:48 GMT
OK, first time I've done this so one question.

I wrote something to test the FileResource and ActiveMonitor.  What's the
"proper" way to make it available?

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:26 PM
To: Avalon Development
Subject: Re: New Monitor framework

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Laran Coates wrote:
> >
> > Well explained.  Sounds brilliant.  I'm all in favor.  Let me know how
if I
> > can help.
>
> Sure thing.  I can use test cases, and the FileResource and JarResource
implementations
> written.  I am rapidly running out of spare time here.  The first (albeit
untested
> cut is in CVS now).

Ok, initial implementations are in CVS now.  We need testing to make sure it
actually
works :), but I have a feeling it won't take much to get it going.

In order to be notified of a resource modification, you must implement the
java.beans.PropertyChangeListener interface, and register yourself with the
Resource.

If you use the FileResource to obtain a stream or writer for the resource,
it will
automatically perform the notifications when the stream is closed.