avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject RE: how to start learning Avalon?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 06:49:35 GMT
<<  Back-end collaborative-business-process-management hub.
  (Phoenix used for server management, Avalon for the component
  patterns, implementation and utilities)

    - time server
    - federation management
    - OMG Business Object Platform supporting users, task,
      resource usage, workspaces, desktops, etc.
    - A community server supporting model driven memberships.
    - A collaboration server handling model driven
      cross-enterprise processes (in progress)
    - Underlying X509 security model configurable by method/
      principal-identity/role (in progress)
    - PKI server (CA, RA, Certificate Repository, Certificate
      Status Responder) * in progress>>

Say Steve, is there any chance of some of this making it back
into Avalon? (especially security-related...phoenix needed some
more policy options last time I checked...)

<<I would recommend starting with the task of getting Phoenix up and running
with one or two of the demo ".bar" servers.  Then try to put together your
own server as a bar file.  This will give you a good feel for the role of
Phoenix with respect to the job of server action and management and the
way in which the Avalon component model is applied.>>

...and when you're done with that, I suggest you take a look at the
"Developing with Avalon" paper on the website. There isn't much about
phoenix or cornerstone there, but the thought/software patterns
Berin describes apply to those sub-projects as well.

cheers,

LSD

sig? What's a sig?