avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur Junit
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:18:49 GMT
Quoting Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone who knows junit do the following. For some reason the
> tests run
> ungodly slow. I suspect it is because it is forking the JVm and then
> doing
> lots of work with XML and then XSL a bit later. While this is nice if
> you
> want to generate reports etc it is no good for normal development. So
> there
> has to be someway where none of this stuff reports/results etl al is
> generated and everything is done in JVM. So if so could someone do it.

There are several options. First you can comment out the formatter element in
the junit task. This will reduce test time (on my machine) from 41 secs. to 23
secs. on the excalibur repository. Next you can change the fork="true" attribute
to false on the junit element. But then the log messages don't gets onto the
console but you still see which tests failed. This reduces the to to 9 secs.

Giacomo