avalon-dev mailing list archives

From David BERNARD <dwa...@java-fan.com>
Subject Re: jars inside bars
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:34:53 GMT
Hi,

> If a block had dependant jars where would they go in the .bar file?
>
> e.g. a WAR file has WEB-INF/lib/ for dependant jars.

I'm a newbee. But my eval of phoenix say :
- the SAR is the WAR analogy for phoenix to servlet engine
- the bar is the unit definition of a block
- some block can share jar lib

So to avoid the mixe between differente version of the same lib (hard
predict) and to autorize the possibility of update lib without update
bar. I've choice :
- to put jars in the /lib part of the sar.
- to include in block .class from one provider (the block implementation
provider) and .class of the Service / Role (can go from an other
provider).

If you want to indicate jars dependencies you can add them in the
manifest of the bar via extension attributs.
cf. in jdk-doc guide/jar/jar.html#JAR Manifest.