avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS problems
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:54:08 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> I'm having problems with CVS (again).
> Using WinCVS 1.2 with cvs 1.10 (or something).
>
> I keep getting:
>         cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
>         *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****
>
> there are no other messages. It happens with both
> binary and text files, with all checkouts, and all
> connections using SSH (through SecureCRT).
>
> Anyone know how to solve this?

Look for any .new files where CVS choked up in a previous update.
If you find them, delete them.  Also you will find that you need
to exit ALL instances of WinCVS to do it.

If that doesn't remedy it, then it is most likely a line problem
(i.e. the server is not authenticating properly or timing out).

Hope this helps.