avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject build scripts
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:31:43 GMT
Here's a thought: can we get rid of all the build.sh/build.bat and
ant.jar etc?

Here's why: as currently written, I think, if you already have ANT_HOME
defined then the build script won't use jakarta-avalon/tools/lib and so
will miss optional.jar. (Which makes the junit task fail in excalibur).

Either we can make the scripts more complicated to check for junit in a
pre-existing ANT_HOME or we can simply tell people that they need to
download and install ant with junit. Then we can remove the build
scripts and execute the buildfile by invoking 'ant' directly.

Thoughts?

Charles