avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LogKitManagement
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:09:18 GMT
--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:54, giacomo wrote:
> > Dear all
> >
> > I've committed the updated Component Management
> System in Excalibur that
> > work together with the recently written
> LogKitManagement System.
> >
> > The fact that the ExcaluburComponentManager is in
> the java directory
> > where as the LogKitManagement classes were still
> in the scratchpad
> > directory I had to move the LogKitManagment
> classes into the java area
> > because the build procedure does not work together
> when you have to mix
> > those areas.
>
> +1

+1 from me

> > I don't know the release schedule for Excalibur
> but I would like to see
> > the LogKitManagement making it into the next
> release which can be
> > integrated into Cocoon 2 before the the next
> release will go live.
>
> No idea. I think we voted on a 3 month cycle IIRC

I believe that 3 month cycle was for Final Releases.
That means that Framework will be ready in a couple
of months.

I want to add a couple configuration parameters to the
monitor code, and add that to the main trunk.  Once
that is done, we will have a vote.

After that, I want to refactor the Excalibur Component
classes a bit (using the circuit class to match roles
and handlers no matter how the class is used).

> > Right now I'll write the xdocs for the
> LogKitManagement which I'll
> > commit soon.
>
> woohoo.