avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eung-ju Park" <co...@isoft.co.kr>
Subject Re: NPE at FileTarget...
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:43:48 GMT
> No idea - can you check latest CVS and see if it works for you ? If it
> doesn't could you send details like
yes. lastest CVS version is works.
I mean previous version occur exception when destination is not on root.

> * results of java -version
> * tell me if you are working on directories made out of symlinks
> * on an alternate filesystem (and what OS you are running).
>
> The only thing I can thing of if it still doesn't work is that *maybe*
doing
> getCanoncialFile().getParent() may work. Theres certain idiosyncracies on
> certain filesystems etc.
yeh. new FileTarget( new File( "datasources.log" ) ).getCanonicalFile(),
false, formatter )
works on previous FileTarget.
How about use getFile().getCanonicalFile().getParent() instead of
getFile().getParentFile() at FileTarget.openFile?