avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LogTarget factories
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:01:54 GMT
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:03, Mircea Toma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The tests for JMSTopicTargetFactory and JDBCTargetFactory are working fine.
> No changes to the code are necessary.

kool.

> I also updated TextMessageBuilder and created a XMLMessageBuilder that are
> attached here.

Committed XMLMessageBuilder. However I held off committing
TextMessageBuilder. What I would like to see is a way to specify how each
"attribute" is specified in message. For instance in JDBC we have ColumnInfo
and ColumnType and then support in JDBC target so that users could
"configure" the target to use almost any sort of database layout.

I wouldn't mind seeing the same for JMS. What do you think ?

--
Cheers,

Pete