avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Relationships between Jakarta projects...
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:46:01 GMT
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:55, Leo Simons wrote:
> > Most developers are arrogant and stubbon.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Now the above statement can be seen as both a good thing and a
> > bad thing.
>
> Really? In any case,
> "Most developers are _not_ arrogant or stubborn" sounds
> better to me than "Most developers are arrogant or stubborn".
> But that might just be me =)

Well if you replace "arrogant" with "confident" and "stubbon" with
"determined" you may get what I mean ;)

"stubbon" vs "determined" (or "focused" or "persistent") are perceptions
determined by viewer and not something inherent in actions. When this feature
is deemed a good attribute it is termed "determined" but someone who is less
pleased by attribute in specific circumstances would label it as "stubbon".

ack .. now I am sounding like a psych student again ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete