avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inner classes are evil!!
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:00:37 GMT
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:14, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> You know what?  It was working on my win32 system.

It should work on all systems. If you run jikes on pedantic it just picks up
heaps of things like this. I am not sure but would making the inner class
static work for you? (I think it would fix warning).

> I will make sure the listener class extends
> AbstractLoggable, and is explicitly set.  I _could_
> separate the classes--but then I have to be careful
> how I name it (or the test runner will try to execute
> the listener class as a test).
>
> --- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

/opt/avalon/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/scratchpad/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/monitor/test/MonitorTestCase.java:241:18:241:28:
> > Caution: Ambiguous reference to member named
> > "getLogger" inherited from type
>
> "org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/AbstractLoggable"
>
> > but also declared or
> > inherited in the enclosing type
>
> "org/apache/avalon/excalibur/monitor/test/MonitorTestCase".
>
> > Explicit
> > qualification is required.

/opt/avalon/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/src/scratchpad/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/monitor/test/MonitorTestCase.java:243:17:243:27:
> > Caution: Ambiguous reference to member named
> > "getLogger" inherited from type
>
> "org/apache/avalon/framework/logger/AbstractLoggable"
>
> > but also declared or
> > inherited in the enclosing type
>
> "org/apache/avalon/excalibur/monitor/test/MonitorTestCase".
>
> > Explicit
> > qualification is required.
> >

> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Pete

> > * "Faced with the choice between changing one's
> > mind, *
> > * and proving that there is no need to do so -
> > almost *
> > * everyone gets busy on the proof."
> >  *
> > *              - John Kenneth Galbraith