avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject [logkit] JDBC target
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:44:23 GMT
Hi,

I just implemented a generic JDBC target that should hopefully satisfy most
needs. However as it is generic it takes a bit to get it going. Have a look
at

src/test/org/apache/log/output/test/DBTargetTestlet.java

To see the easiest way to set it up. I have a suspicion it may fail in highly
concurrent loads and it doesn't yet test properly for stale connections
properly. Basically thats a todo ;)

There are two targets, DefaultJDBCTarget and NormalizedJDBCTarget. The
normalized one is for when you are likely to need to do excessive searching
and cataloging of log events (say your running a central log server).

I would appreciate someone with more experience with JDBC to have a look at
and test the targets - any volunteers? ;) I have included some sample sql in
src/sql/basic.sql

Comments welcome.

Cheers,

Pete