avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE at FileTarget...
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:12:02 GMT
On Fri,  3 Aug 2001 14:55, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> [...]

that should be fine.

> new File( filename ) means file on current directory.
> destination variable is "datasources.log" but real destination is
> "/home/colus/foo/bar/datasource.log".
> hmm. it is a java.io.File.parent's bug?

No idea - can you check latest CVS and see if it works for you ? If it
doesn't could you send details like
* results of java -version
* tell me if you are working on directories made out of symlinks
* on an alternate filesystem (and what OS you are running).

The only thing I can thing of if it still doesn't work is that *maybe* doing
getCanoncialFile().getParent() may work. Theres certain idiosyncracies on
certain filesystems etc.

Cheers,

Pete