avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Uber Avalon profile?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:03:28 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> Still trying to get us to loose the binaries in CVS eh ? ;)

Does this look familiar?  ;-)

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=99171548829979&w=2

Actually, all I'm trying to do is to get better quality patches.  ;-) FYI:
it is jakarta-avalon-exceptionutil, not jakarta-ant-exceptionutil.  ;-)

> I actually do a lightweight version of this currently. It would probably
> better to generalize and use gump if possible. Will try to have a better
> gander RSN.

That's actually how gump got started.  I had a few scripts, found the
maintenance of dependencies to be troublesome, so I automated a little, got
able to handle more complex things, automated a little more...

Now if we can get to the point where can share a common format for the data
which either these scripts use or is used to generate these scripts...

- Sam Ruby