avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Coding Standards Update
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:11:28 GMT
Berin,

I guess we agree, then. My main worry was that the hardening methods would
kill extensibility - that the cost for security would be unusability. But
since the cost has dropped to zero I see no reason not to do what you
propose.

> In fact, you will find that for Excalibur in the Components I wrote, this
> has already been done (and this before I read the article).  I
> didn't disable
> cloning and serialization, but I knew the code was going to be used in a
> web environment that is known and proven to be hostile.

I noticed that, actually. (A huge exception stack trace is difficult to
ignore.) :-)

/LS