avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Silver <Scott.Sil...@mail.idrive.com>
Subject [config, phoenix, cornerstone] avalon-demo.sar
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:58:30 GMT
I'm trying to get the demonstration server application up and running.

I'm using the latest and greatest source via CVS and Java 1.3. I haven't
changed any configuration (leaving the classloading security to wide open as
it is set in the config file)

In addition, if someone can point me to a working demonstration (or how to
get to a working demo) that would be great. The avalon website seems fairly
complex to me...I've seen some traffic on this mailing list talking about
new documentation (if it's checked in, where?).

Thanks,

Scott

Details:

When I start up phoenix I get:

There was an uncaught exception:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.Connection from class
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.DefaultConnectionManager
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.DefaultConnectionMana
ger.connect(DefaultConnectionManager.java:80)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.DefaultConnectionMana
ger.connect(DefaultConnectionManager.java:100)
        at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.demos.helloworldserver.HelloWorldServer
Impl.initialize(HelloWorldServerImpl.java:91)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.phases.StartupPhase.visitBlock(Start
upPhase.java:160)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.blocks.BlockDAG.visitBlock(BlockDAG.
java:165)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.blocks.BlockDAG.walkGraph(BlockDAG.j
ava:66)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.DefaultServerApplication.runPhase(De
faultServerApplication.java:300)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.DefaultServerApplication.start(Defau
ltServerApplication.java:165)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.atlantis.AbstractKernel.startEntry(Abstra
ctKernel.java:174)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.atlantis.AbstractKernel.start(AbstractKer
nel.java:65)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.PhoenixEmbeddor.start(PhoenixEmbeddo
r.java:137)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.Main.execute(Main.java:80)
        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.Main.main(Main.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.engine.loader.PhoenixLoader.main(PhoenixLoa
der.java:54)

scott m. silver
technology
mailto:scott.silver@mail.idrive.com