avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: New Avalon Docs
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:12:06 GMT
At 10:21 AM 7/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Please feel free to comment on the paper.

very useful! thank you for making it public. i recently converted the
non-cocoon2 piece of the application we are developing to the avalon
framework and it has helped development immensely. It is great to see many
of the avalon idioms written down, as I was not aware of some of them just
by reading the mailing lists/viewing the code.

My only request would be more information on the phoenix systems. I know
that is the direction I need to take my RMI server program in, but I'm not
quite sure how to integrate it yet. I sometimes find it hard getting a feel
for a project without seeing a working implementation, even if it is very
simple. (I had the "awakening" of the benefits of avalon after thoroughly
reviewing c2's code).

Keep up the good work!
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com