avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject A couple comments from Slashdot
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:06:16 GMT
It seems we may need to be less buzzward compliant on our press release:

zpengo
------
"The Avalon framework consists of interfaces that define relationships between commonly used
application components,
best-of-practice pattern enforcements, and several lightweight convenience implementations
of the generic components."

I'm sorry, could someone translate that into English?

elfkicker
---------
Java people get to use all the best buzzwords. That's what happens when APIs are edited by
the marketing department.

And to answer your question, no I can't.

bloritsch (my response)
---------
It's a framework. Everything that is inside of it consists of interfaces and some concrete
classes. It defines contracts on how to
use the interfaces. Those contracts are the relationships between commonly used application
component. The framework was designed
with the currently known best practices for server side design.

NOTE:
I checked some of zpengo's other posts and he is pretty cynical about everything.
Elfkicker only has two responses--and the other one is pretty intelligent.