avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Well, a couple places published us!
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:58:49 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> > > We have notifications on Jakarta's web site and JGuru.
> > > I sent info to FreshMeat, the serverside, and tried
> > > to send to Javaworld.  Javaworld is experiencing some
> > > issues so I don't know if it accepted my submission or
> > > not.  I am currently posting to javalobby.
> >
> > Add www.theserverside.com to the list!
>
> You can also add www.javalobby.com to the list of posts!

Out of all the places we submitted the release info to, Jakarta
and three other sources published it:

* Jakarta news
* JGuru.com
* theServerSide.com
* javalobby.com

The following did not publish it:

* Slashdot.org
* Freshmeat.net (the site is experiencing errors--so I don't know
                 if that is the reason why).
* JavaWorld.com (I finally did get it to accept my submission)

Javaworld I am not too surprised at.  Slashdot I am somewhat surprised,
but they never have posted anything I submitted yet--so I won't worry
about it.  Freshmeat, however, I am quite surprised at since this is
what they do.