avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject New Docs build is in place
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:16:48 GMT
The new documentation build process is now in place.  If we have any
volunteers, We should probably go through and apply the "document2docbook.xsl"
stylesheet to all of our xdocs files.  At that time, there is only some
minor documentation changes that will need to be applied.

The document files are translated into "Articles" because they infer a
self-contained document.

Refinements to transformed docs include:

* Creating "books" for all related documentation (e.g. history)
* Creating "Author" bios and referencing them (each person should
  deal with their own Bio).
* Fine-tune markup to represent what we truly want.

Another thing is we should fine-tune the HTML rendering to better
handle new constructs (e.g. warning, note, blockquote).

One really nice thing about the new build format is that the frame for the
site (site2xhtml.xsl) is merely an XHTML file with <xsl:copy-of/> statements
to include the generated menu and body content.

There is one enhancement to Cocoon that needs to be done to really make
this nice, and that is using a file to include all the URIs to process.
That can be dynamically built from the book.xml files.