avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Avalon Docs
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:27:10 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:

> At 10:21 AM 7/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >Please feel free to comment on the paper.
>
> very useful! thank you for making it public. i recently converted the
> non-cocoon2 piece of the application we are developing to the avalon
> framework and it has helped development immensely. It is great to see many
> of the avalon idioms written down, as I was not aware of some of them just
> by reading the mailing lists/viewing the code.

You are welcome.  It is exciting to here good news.

> My only request would be more information on the phoenix systems. I know
> that is the direction I need to take my RMI server program in, but I'm not
> quite sure how to integrate it yet. I sometimes find it hard getting a feel
> for a project without seeing a working implementation, even if it is very
> simple. (I had the "awakening" of the benefits of avalon after thoroughly
> reviewing c2's code).

That will eventually come.  There is a question whether we may want to
create a new "book" that addresses this, or augment the existing one with
a continuation on our system.  Again, this is also something that has yet
to be written and tested out.  Without a Beta for Pheonix, I would tend
to lean towards an independant "book".  Since I have limited time, and I
am concentrating on building web applications for a living, I have been
focused on Cocoon.

> Keep up the good work!
> -pete

Thank you.