avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Schedule
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2001 18:09:12 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once Berin finishes the docs what do you all think of doing a release of
> framework (as stable), logkit (as stable), excalibur (as beta),
> phoenix/cornerstone (as alpha). The reason is that I am getting weekly emails
> asking where they can download a release of phoenix and it is not "released"
> as such ;)

+1

I just need to put the DocBook build system together.  The docs are
essentially
done.

> And if so what version should we place on Phoenix/Cornerstone ? I would put a
> 1.0a1 on Cornerstone but not sure about Phoenix.

I would go for 4.0 since we are dealing with the 4.0 framework as well
as some
significant enhancements.

> Also is now the time that we can separate excalibur? ;) The docs are
> separate, the produced jars are separate, the source directories are separate
> so it should be relatively painless.

I think it might be a good time.  Oh, and anything that is in the
scratchpad
jar should move to Excalibur build directory.

> Also I have tried to clean up and simplify the releases directory. I have
> placed HEADER.html files in all the right places to make it clearer about
> where to get stuff. Also what do you think of anytime we make a new release
> we also create a HEADER.html in the release directory that lists ChangeLog or
> something similar?

I think that should be a cool thing.  You can modify the build script
for the
announcement.txt file to work with the HEADER.html...