avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Coding Standards Update
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:39:24 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> Berin,
>
> nice to have you back. Is it just a quick visit, or are you back for a
> while?

Right now, only mailing list stuff.  I will try to find a spare couple of
hours to finish my paper on Avalon (I have one last section).  After that
I will try to find some time to get the paper autogenerated.  Once we do that
we will vote on a "final release candidate".  I want to get the paper out
there for general consumption--and it will answer alot of questions for alot
of potential developers.

> I *will* reply to the points you made, but halfway through the reply I wrote
> I realized I needed to study up on this before doing so.

It's a *big* subject.

Start with this link:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2000/jw-0428-security_p.html

It will familiarize you with the basic concepts and types of attack that you
need to guard yourself against.  It also introduces you to the Java Security
API.  Another resource I would recommend is Java Security published by O'Reilly.
Make sure you get the second revision as it augments the original, and merges
information from Java Cryptography into that volume (a better buy).