avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [Testlet] Why another unit test framework?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:17:09 GMT
On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:31:12PM +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:25, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
[..]
> > But then I discovered that Avalon contains it's own Unit test framework
> > and I thought, "oh no - not another API to learn, what's wrong with JUnit?

:) Just what I thought at first. But then, extending AbstractTestlet and
writing testXxx() methods is hardly a big learning curve.

[..]
> As soon as we need something thats in junit or it's associated infrastructure
> (reports from ant come to mind) then we will prolly switch.

JUnit's startup and teardown methods would be really handy.

Hmm.. couldn't Testlet do Component-specific stuff, like take Components
through their lifecycle?

--Jeff

[..]